[Blackpool] Meeting 22nd June

MJ Hewitt admin at pcrecycler.co.uk
Thu May 27 15:10:59 UTC 2010

Sorry Colin -

Wrong info. 98 did need drivers for USB, but that will not be why USB is not
working in the virtual machine. Apparently there are 2 versions of
virtualbox available for linux, usb works in one and not the other. Tony
told me about this, so maybe he can help.

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/VirtualBox :-

A number of extra features are available with the full VirtualBox release
only (see the "Editions <http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Editions>" page for
details):

   - *Virtual USB Controllers.* VirtualBox implements a virtual USB
   controller and allows you to connect arbitrary USB devices to your virtual
   machines without having to install device specific drivers on the host.
   -

As for sharing, I needed to get files off the actual machine onto another
one.  Here is what I do.
I have a dropbox account set up on the host, then in the guest, I use the
browser to move files using the dropbox web interface.
Hope this helps,
Mike

--
Best regards,