[Blackpool] Hi!

Tony Hughes tonyhughes1212 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 20:40:32 UTC 2011

Hi James

Welcome to the mad house that is Blackpool LUG, we're a diverse bunch
some with professional IT backgrounds and others like me that started
with PC's running that other OS and have seen the wisdom in the open
source movement, and have made the transition in part or wholeheartedly
to Linux.

Most of us for whatever reason still have to use windows either for work
and as in my case for the odd bit of software that will not run in Linux
and (since auntie Beeb changed the I Player radio codecs) its the only
way to listen again to any radio shows I've missed on the BBC.

My current desk top OS is Mint 9 and I experiment on a number of
netbooks and laptops with other distro's as the mood takes me. But with
the exceptions explained above I'm fully Linux including my New (to me)
HTC Android smart phone.

I'll not be at this weeks meeting as I'm working but hope to catch up
with you some time.

Regards

Tony Hughes