[Blackpool] Les' Joggler Toaster

Les Pounder lespounder at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 20:39:59 UTC 2011

Hi lads

I've been fiddling around today, setting up the tickets for ucubed ;) , and
writing a basic shell script that writes an iso to cd.

Tickets are going well, just waiting for the podcasts to play the promo, and
for Jono Bacon to tweet about the event, once that happens we will get a lot
of interest.

Linux Format have sent me a box of swag, mainly old special magazines, but a
few CDs.

Anyway, my iso > cd shell script

I am thinking of building the app using quickly (Rick would approve LOL),
but anyway the main command is wodim

wodim dev\= /dev/scd0 -v -data tinycore_3.0.iso

the above command invokes wodim, tells it that my cd drive is called scd0,
-v means verbose (i.e tell me what its doing), -data means data cd, and
tinycore_3.0.iso is the image I want to burn.

The above command works, just need to put it into a shell script, well a
proper shell script. At the moment I can call the command using import.os
function in python, which I hope I can integrate into quickly.

Ah well back to work ;)

Les