[Blackpool] Home Server project

Jon Chamberlain jonachamberlain at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 21:47:36 UTC 2011

OK, so the magic incantations required to get the LPRng package to install
was:

     setenv PACKAGESITE
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages/Latest/

And:

     setenv PKG_TMPDIR /mnt/freenas/share/tmp

And finally:

     pkg_add -r LPRng -P /mnt/freenas/share/app/

The paths on the last two commands are required because I'm running the
embedded version of FreeNAS, so the install has to take place on the
mounted volume (otherwise it runs of disk space)

So - now I have the LPRng package installed, I can actually try the howto
to get it working as a print server.

Wish me luck.