[Blackpool] More on MythTV...

Jon Chamberlain jonachamberlain at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 14:57:28 UTC 2012

I successfully used Clonezilla  (running from a USB stick), to clone the
small hard drive directly onto a larger, external 120GB drive (thanks
for the suggestion Les). Then I swapped the two drives, and then started
up Myth to make sure it still worked (me? pessimistic?).

With that done, I:

      * Went into GParted (once I had installed it - it's not standard
        *shock*), and created a new partition using up a large portion
        of the empty space. (glad y'all told me this would need to be
        done)
      * Created a mount point called /mnt/myth-media/
      * Changed ownership of the directory to match the ownership of the
        default directories, i.e. chown -R mythtv:mythtv /mnt/myth-media
        (*very important*)
      * Change permissions on the directories: chmod -R
        755 /mnt/myth-media/
      * Added a line to /etc/fstab to get the partition to mount at
        boot: /dev/sdc /mnt/myth-media/ ext2 defaults 0 0
      * ran sudo mount -a to get the system to load the partition
        immediately
      * Ran MythTV setup to add the new folders to the storage groups
        already defined for LiveTV and Recordings
      * Went into Info Centre to check that it could see the extra
        storage
      * Lastly, watched TV and recorded a TV program, whilst monitoring
        the new directories for video files

So, all-in-all, a model upgrade. Thanks for everyone's help. :-)

Cheers,
Jon

On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 12:00 +0000, blackpool-request at mailman.lug.org.uk