[Blackpool] Homework if you want it. GitHub instructions

Tony Hughes tonyhughes1212 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 21:08:14 UTC 2012

Hi All

I'm having problems with setting up github

I've tried to create an ssh key which I can do in terminal as it shows
in the tutorial but when I open the key in gedit it is a private key and
looks totally different to the one shown in the tutorial and github will
not accept it as it says I'm adding lines!!!! all I'm doing is copy and
paste.

This is the error mesg

Key is invalid. It cannot contain newlines. Ensure you've copied the
file correctly

this is the key being generated:

-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----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-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

Any ideas would be welcome

Tony