[Blackpool] Python intro

Les Pounder lespounder at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 16:01:22 UTC 2012

Hi James, I get what you mean :D

Ubuntu comes with python, as lots of the interface is made with it. So
perhaps Ubuntu is the way to go? I think that the majority of our LUG use
Ubuntu on our machines, Tony is our resident Linux Mint expert, he uses it
on most of his machines.

Lets try Mint and Ubuntu next week. Virtualbox is great to use, but I agree
that it can be a pain at times. Dual booting is how most of us got into
Linux, but before you make any radical decisions, spend a week with a live
CD, and see how you get on.

Great to meet you and see you next week.

Les