[Blackpool] Python intro

Tony Hughes tonyhughes1212 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Mar 17 20:09:17 UTC 2012

Hi James

I know we have a mix of opinion on what is a good distro particularly
for a newcomer to a PC install.

After using Ubuntu in my early days I've gravitated to Mint as my
working OS as I find it simple to install and they package all the
codec's you need for video and audio playback out of the box.

In that sense it's not as "Free" as in Freedom as some distro's but it
does the Job for me. I'm currently using Mint 11 on my Working Desktop
and find it stable and easy to use.

I'm waiting to see how they progress with the Gnome 2 fork (Mate) before
I upgrade to 13 which will be based on the next Ubuntu LTS due at the
end of April.

I'm sure the others will have a view too.

Regards

Tony (the one who joined the hang out at the end this morning)