[Blackpool] Fwd: [RossLUG] XBMC Eden

Les Pounder lespounder at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 10:37:54 UTC 2012

For our mythtv gurus
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Jonathan Archer" <jon at rosslug.org.uk>
Date: Mar 27, 2012 11:32 AM
Subject: [RossLUG] XBMC Eden
To: <rosslug at rosslug.org.uk>

Hi all,

I know a few of you guys are running XBMC, just thought I'd let you know
that I updated to the latest stable release of Eden last night. I've
been running pre-Eden for some time now so not all of the features are
new to me, but there are massive differences from Dharma so I recommend
doing the update.

Things I've noticed:

Faster scraping - scraping of movie, TV and music info seems a lot
quicker, I think they have made the threads parallel.
Rollback of addons - if a new addon breaks or you don't like it there is
a button to roll back to a previous version.
Horizontal Confluence - the default skin Confluence as switched to be
horizontal which looks nicer and is far more productive (i think so
anyway)
I'm sure there is loads more but as I say I haven't really noticed due
to keeping up with the latest dev release.

Cheers

Jon