[Blackpool] A little help in finding a good laptop

Mark Watson mr_m_watson at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 7 14:09:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

Thanks for everyone getting back to me with things to consider when finding my next laptop.

I will now look for specific models that are now available and post links where possible, to see if they meet most or all of the things that have been spoken about.
So thanks on all that.

One other thing...

I will probably buy a second internal drive, equal or bigger than the original to swap out of the laptop.  I thought what I would like to do is, clone the original windows 7 OS onto the second drive, partition it for Mint and then install Mint.  This way if I have any problems, I still have my original Windows 7 OS backed up.

Though unsure how to go about this with laptop drives....  I have used Ghost on a standard PC to back up my windows XP system, so basically I can clone it across to new drives very easily.  Just laptops don't have floppy drives, and I don't know how to link it all up for the laptop.  So any ideas how to go about this task would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark