[Blackpool] Saturdays LUG

Michael heed at bigmassiveheed.co.uk
Wed Feb 20 22:01:46 UTC 2013

I suppose you could give him one of your famous 50 Centos cd's :D

Introduce him to the Magpi Magazine: http://www.themagpi.com/

Minecraft is now available for the pi, have just been messing with the
API...sneaky intro to python ;) :
http://www.stuffaboutcode.com/2013/01/raspberry-pi-minecraft-api-basics.html

Introduction to the command line...example of downloading youtube videos
using youtube-dl

Audacity for messing around with mp3's.

Thing is about installing an OS, you may be giving him ideas for misplaced
enthusiasm...goes home and wipes his machine etc. Tread carefully with what
your showing him ;)

Also, if you have time brush up on what your going to show him so he's not
stood around bored.