[Blackpool] Help please... anyone?

Olly Clark olly at ollyclark.org
Sat May 17 17:16:54 UTC 2014

On 17/05/14 15:04, Elizabeth C wrote:
> I have a laptop - E-System EI3103
>
> I brought home the SanDisk pen drive with Lubuntu OS on it - wanted to replace Ubuntu OS with Lubuntu OS (1st attempt to install an OS).
>
> Message on screen =
>
> Error: No configuration file found
>
> No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found!
>
> If I reboot normally, Ubuntu loads and the pen drive is visible in the icons.  I can open it and 3 files are there - when I click install nothing happens.
>
> Enlightenment required please if anyone feels generous - it would be much appreciated.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Elizabeth

Hi Liz,

This sounds like a problem with the pen drive installation (the process
of extracting the Lubuntu image you downloaded onto your pendrive) you
can occasionally get these problems, I find reformatting the pendrive
and then running UnetbootIn again and extracting the image onto the
pendrive usually fixes the problem.

Regards

Olly