[Blackpool] Enabling Mint 13 Wireless

Tony Hughes tonyhughes1212 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jul 13 19:48:24 UTC 2014

Hi Elizabeth

With all the issues with the screen resolution I didn't even think of
WiFi issues yesterday

Yes first try installing the additional driver it is saying is needed if
that does not work you may need to install the b43-fwcutter package via
the package manager. Open synaptic and search for Broadcomm and you will
get the driver you need displayed . Install the b43-fwcutter package and
this should enable Mint to recognise the wifi card is present. You may
need to reboot to activate the driver but after that you should get the
wifi manager showing and see any wifi networks available. (see screen shot)

Let me know if it works

Tony