[Blackpool] ubuntu on EEE PC901

Tony Hughes tonyhughes1212 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Oct 13 13:55:16 UTC 2014

Hi Geoff

I've not used one of theses but I would put one of the Ubuntu re-spins
that need lower resources on it such as Watt OS

Install to the 4Gig SSD but do a custom install and point the home
partition to the 8Gig SSD for storing your files.

Another option would be to install Ubuntu to an SD card you can get a
SanDisk 16Gig Class 10 card for just over £7 on Amazon and a 32Gig is
only £12.99 I've run my Aser One quite successfully from an SD card in
the past. This would leave the internal SSD's for storage. As these were
early SSD technology the speed of the SD Card might actually be better
than the installed SSD's in the netbook.

Regards

Tony