[Blackpool] Blackpool LUG a brief history 2004 - 2015

Arthur Garlick arthur_garlick at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 17 23:03:58 UTC 2015

I'd haven't been coming that long, I've always appreciated the friendly space for a chat.  I have had a bad time in the last 12 months and it's been a help.

I have great memories of ridiculous rants at the space, but what will always stay with me have been the times away from the group when I've caught myself being a little more adventurous trying new things.

I am semi proficient in Python now (I always said it was the future)

If I have some new micro controller peripheral to play with, I reach over my PIC chips for an Arduino now.

I type things into a command line that begin with 'sudo' without grumbling any more.

and last week I put water inside a PC, which is just plain daft and would not have happened under any circumstances before I met you guys and learned to give more things a go.

Cheers

Arthur