[Blackpool] Saturday 18th July

James Page jmsp.1983 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 16:44:58 UTC 2015

Funnily enough, I've just bought some Bluetooth earphones, too!

The Mpow earphones appear to be the Soundpeats QY7s. I was put off them
because of their size and ended up getting the Bluedio Q5s for an
extortionate £7.63. There appears to be two main designs of Bluetooth
earphones - integrated units like the Q5s and QY7s, and then discrete units
like the Bluedio N2 and S2, which are much more like traditional earphones
but with a fairly chunky Bluetooth unit attached to the cable. Although
they look better, I decided against these because I thought that the weight
of the unit might cause it to hang from one side of my head/neck and be a
bit of a nuisance. Hopefully they'll arrive in the next couple of weeks.
I'm not expecting amazing results, but if they serve me well enough for
bike rides I'll be happy. A nice addition is the microphone, although I
reserve judgement on how effective it is!

Other Aliexpress acquisitions this week include:

   - 100 mixed colour LEDs for £0.92
   - Nexus 4 gym/running armband for £1.99
   - Arduino starter kit (resistors, potentiometer, switches etc) for £1.96
   - 65 jumper wires for £0.86
   - Mirrored aviator sunglasses for £0.86

My 'wish list' is steadily growing, too...

Best wishes,
James