[Blackpool] 42U rack cabinet, 10/100 switches & 24 port patch panel

M Hewitt admin at pcrecycler.co.uk
Wed Sep 30 10:22:25 UTC 2015

Hi Dave -
Thanks for the offer, it sounds like it could come in useful.
Olly has supplied a networking plan and provided some cat6 shielded cable
for the basement. Mike Hull will be deciding on the positioning of whatever
gets installed. Not sure on requirements yet, but I could store the stuff
until needed, if you need to shift it. I already have a rack mounting
server in store that is part of the network proposal.

On 29 September 2015 at 15:49, Dave <stig at spodbox.org> wrote:

> Sorting through the stuff I have here and I have a few spare items which
> can be donated to the makerspace
>
> 42U 19" rack cabinet (partially dismantled - but has smoked glass front
> door and solid metal panel doors for the other sides - although it has
> locks I don't have keys - but they're easily replaceable).
>
> 3 19" rack mount 10/100 24 port 3Com switches
> 1 24 port patch panel (I have 2 48 port patch panels, but when they said
> "rip out the old network" it seems they took it literally and some of
> the ports are damaged - I've swapped some of the port blocks to put all
> the best ports on the single 24 port panel)
> 1 19" rack mount shelf - if your kit isn't rack mountable then stick it
> on a shelf)
>
> I've a bundle of about 80 7" long cat5 cables and a couple of box ends
> of longer stuff.
>
> Do you guys want this stuff?
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/edmflgc6ijqssm2/2015-09-29%2015.40.29.jpg?dl=0
>
> DP