[Blackpool] For Mark, Tony and Mike 1 - update

Elizabeth C elizabethcoop1945 at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Jan 4 21:20:52 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I've now managed to get the laptop up & running with Lubuntu.  Tony was right - the CD/DVD drive failed mid-installation.  I was fortunate to have another Toshiba (different model but with same HD fitting) so I just installed Lubuntu onto the HD using the other laptop then swapped the HD's back again.

Thanks to everyone for all your support and to Ted who offered to bring his external drive in. (not now needed, thanks).

Coffee time now ~ said with smug smile of satisfaction....

Elizabeth  ps  to anyone else who might be rather senior like me & get to read this ~ 70 is NOT too old to have fun doing stuff like this!