[Blackpool] 3D printer emissions

James Page jmsp.1983 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 13:20:58 UTC 2016

You’re probably okay with acetone vapour - I could be wrong, but I couldn’t find it at all on IARC’s classification of carcinogenicity. The plastics particulates are the more concerning materials. Short of an extraction unit, I wonder if a crude enclosure with an adhesive base would provide a meaningful reduction in the potential for inhalation?

That talk looks interesting. With a bit more notice, I’d have probably come along. Ah well.

I think Apple have backed themselves in to a corner with making that aspect of their OS completely within their control. Having a single failure point seems short-sighted, if integrity of the OS’ security is paramount. Public sentiment is capricious at best and if I was a security-conscious iPhone owner I wouldn’t want to test Apple’s resolve against its share price in the event of a moral panic.