[Blackpool] Fwd: [lpd-europe] LPD 2016.1 results

Mike Hewitt admin at pcrecycler.co.uk
Mon May 2 16:30:29 UTC 2016

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

--- Forwarded message ---
From: Hauke Laging <hauke.laging at linux-presentation-day.de>
Date: 2 May 2016 15:45:52
Subject: [lpd-europe] LPD 2016.1 results
To: LPD discussion list Europe <lpd-europe at mlists.in-berlin.de>

Hello,

most LPD events have already taken place. For Germany I am still collecting
the feedback from the hosts but that may be quicker in most countries. Thus I
cannot say for sure yet whether the average visitor number has changed and in
which direction. But we are quite dissatisfied with the media coverage.

I am aware of two articles in (Linux-only) IT magazines and 13 articles in
local general media. Furthermore there were several entries in event
calendars.

Unfortunately the number of cities in Germany decreased over time. Should be
70 in the end (65 last time).

Until now we have locations

a) which had exactly the same number of visitors as 2015.2 (BeLUG)

b) which had twice the amount of visitors

c) which had only a share of the amount of visitors.

We have one city which has participated for the first time and had 120 visitors
(which is even more than the 2015.2 record).

Most hosting organisations are satisfied with the quality of their event,
though.

The main problem remains the media coverage.

CU

Hauke
--
Hotline für den Linux Presentation Day: tel:+49-30-55579620 (13–23 h)
    mobil: tel:+49-176-74827253 (13–23 h)

XMPP (Chat mit OTR): linux-presentation-day at jabber.ccc.de
   OTR: 91626899 1C06F2BD 75EC2441 35C696CE 38F75997