[Blackpool] Tai Chi

Mike Hull mikehull2008 at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 16:07:49 UTC 2017

Hi All

Many diverse subjects crop up during discussions in the Makerspace on a Saturday morning.

Among topics mentioned this week was the Chinese exercise form known as Ti Chi.

Following up on this I am proposing a gathering on Thursday or Friday evening (26/27 January) around 7pm or 8pm (for about one hour) to discuss forming a "Special Interest Group"

Purpose of the evening will be to answer questions such as:
            What is Ti Chi
            Is it energetic or painful (NO!)
            What are the benefits
We will also do some "First Steps" practical learning of the Art as a taster.

This is NOT a GYM session but relaxation and gentle exercising of body. It is suitable for all ages, sizes and body shapes (male and female, so partners/friends/relatives/pets? can be included). Variations of this are used in Care Homes for exercising the elderly residents - so age or infirmity is not an excuse - if anything this will do you some good.

Please let me know ASAP if you are interested and which day/time would be best for you, so I can confirm day and time.

A response Monday or Tuesday (even if Not interested) would be helpful so this can be arranged at short notice.

Many thanks

Mike2