[Blackpool] Make a Battery with Rob 27th October 2018

Mike Hull mikehull2008 at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Oct 9 21:08:57 UTC 2018

Hi All,

Robert Murray-Smith is a British scientist/engineer who has done a lot of work in the past few years on graphine, supercapacitors and conductive ink. More recently his research has been in the direction of alternative battery technology. The great thing is that he shares lots of his research as "open source" online videos. Have a look at his YouTube channel to find out more.

On Saturday 27th October he is holding a live interactive video seminar on how to make a battery with a similar energy-to-weight ratio to Lithium Ion. He has put together a kit of parts so anyone can join the seminar and make a battery with him and can ask questions if there are problems.

I am interested to join the seminar and intend to purchase a kit.

If anyone else would like to watch/participate they are welcome to join me in the Makerspace Clubroom. The seminar will be from 4.30 to 7.30 on the afternoon of Saturday 27th October. You don't need to buy a kit, just come and we can do it together.

As I will not be at club for the next two weeks please let me know by email if you are interested so I can make appropriate arrangements.

Best regards

Mike2

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>  Virus-free. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>