[Bradford] LUG meeting 26th Nov

Wayne Hanley wayney at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 17:10:51 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

This morning myself and David Carpenter dragged ourselves away from
our respective work and down to Bradford City Centre to speak to the
chaps at Bradford CVS about our use of a room during our meetings.

The outcome of this was very positive, the room is avaliable when we
need it andis also very well equipped, with plenty if space and
seating to house of swelling numbers! Access is great with full and
easy wheelchair access to the venue, also hearing induction loops are
in place should anyone require them.

We will have Internet access as well so if you want to show anything
off but need to be online then we are good to go.

As with most things though we do have one problem..... Cost.  It will
cost us £25 per meeting that does however include full use of the
facilities for the evening including now day projector, pc,
interactive White board, wifi, kitchen and the very comfortable room.

For the next meeting of the group (26th of Nov) Phluidity.net will be
sponsoring the room so we have no issue this month. What needs to
esablished is are people willing to pay a nominal fee each for use of
these facilities?  Do we need to formalize the group? Look for
sponsorship etc?

Hopefully this month we can move on from the this a little and maybe
move on to discussions about the things that are if interest us?

Feel free to bring laptops and questions to them meeting we have the
room so if anyone does want to give any kind of talk that would be
great!

So any other opinions on this?

Cheers
Wayne