[Bradford] Video talk discussion thread

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 12:24:56 UTC 2009

So as I don't hijack the other thread on media, and as video is such a big
topic, can I have some input from those who intend to attend the next
non-pub meeting as to what direction you want my talk to go in :

Off the top of my head I could talk (and demo) for hours on the following :

   - Taking video from handheld recorders (DV, DVD-r and even phone-type
   camcorders for example), editing it, adding effects etc.
   - Taking video from one format to another (e.g. DVD to AVI and back
   again; AVI to flash video, youtube to DVD, DVD to ipod format)
   - Blu-ray under linux (pretty hard core and awkward to demo)
   - Creating animations and slideshows using various tools, still images
   etc.

If there's a particular process you would like me to talk about with regard
to video, feel free to suggest that as well, there's a pretty good chance I
have at least touched upon it.

On a side note, a lot of video stuff gets very technical and often buts you
at the mercy of the commandline, I appreciate and anticipate that there may
be a lot of questions asked, so I'll try and leave some time available for
Q&A at the end of the talk/demo whichever direction it goes in.

Okay, let the suggestions fly, I'll do my best to make a talk that you'll
all get something from.

--
Martyn Ranyard