[Bradford] Thanks Bernie and business

David Carpenter david at substance.coop
Thu Aug 27 07:56:35 UTC 2009

Thanks to Bernie for last nights talk about Python.

Does anyone have the files he distributed yesterday? I'd like to put
them on the website.

I've added the write up about the June meeting at:
http://bradlug.co.uk/?page_id=237

You can find out about past and future meetings at:
http://bradlug.co.uk/?page_id=47

We are short of a sponsor for last nights meeting, so if anyone can pay
the £30 it costs for the room, that would be very cool!

Sponsors so far can be found at:
http://bradlug.co.uk/?page_id=33

We've had an issues with the invoicing. If any of these people who have
pledged to sponsor a session have not had an invoice, would you please
let me know?

July 09 -  Aire Valley Bike Bus
  * June 09 – Skipole Networks
  * May 09 – NJS Installs
  * April -09 – tuxicwaste (anonymous)
  * March 09 – snap-and-scan.com
  * Feb 09 – Brucenetworks
  * Jan 09 – Stopwatch Web
  * Dec 08 – Phluidity.net

I had hoped that sponsorship would just run itself, but between us, them
and the rest of the world it doesn't seem to be running that smoothly,
so I'll be keeping a bit tighter control on it all from now on.

Phluidity have pledged to sponsor the next meeting (September), but we
have no-one for October.

We currently get around 15 or so people at the meetings (up to as many
as 20 or so) so this represents about £2 a meeting per person. I'd
rather avoid the hassle of membership fees, session fees, bank accounts
and so on, but that may need to be something we do consider now that
were a year old!

Finally, the FOSS Open Day/Showcase event that is being planned (I think
Wayne will be recirculating the notes from the recent meeting)- I'll try
to track down the people at CVS this week.

David Carpenter
substance.
3rd Floor
Fourways House