[Bradford] The BBC and Ubuntu

rich x-ric at brucenetworks.com
Tue Oct 27 18:40:16 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 12:18 +0000, Stop Watch Consulting Ltd wrote:
> Andrea Ryan wrote:
> > I don't know if any of you saw BBC Breakfast's coverage of the Windows 7
> > release last week, but it basically consisted of 'Windows 7 is great and
> > shiny, Mac is also available, and by the way there's this thing called
> > Ubuntu which is coming out soon (!) and it's free but no-one wants to bother
> > with that'. I paraphrase, obviously, but you get the idea!
> >
> > It turns out I wasn't the only Linux user that spotted this, and at
> > LUGRadioLive/Oggcamp at the weekend I found out that other Linux users had
> > written to, and had further dialogues with, the BBC about their somewhat
> > biased coverage. I came across this article (
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8326264.stm) on the BBC this morning -
> > perhaps their attempt to placate some of the people they'd upset with their
> > Breakfast segment?

More than desktops in the world at least they made effort a year ago
they wouldn't have bothered.  The basic details still seem a little
confused it's not ubuntu operating system it's Linux.
I've worked in IT for a while now most of the people
I work with inside the industry still have no idea
what Linux is.  What we need to do is increase engineering
standards across the board particularly in the UK.

rich