[Bradford] UK Banks and Linux

David Carpenter david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Sun Apr 18 19:35:38 UTC 2010

I use the Co-operative and again, no problems at all for me.

Generally, access is via passwords, 'pin codes', and 'memorable
information'.

I was sent an additional security machine that I'm suppose to put my
card in. It generates random numbers and I'm supposed to type them in -
I think I've been asked to do it once. (i think it's only needed for
payments and transfers - but it doesn't seem to ask for it very often!)

I really don't like the card thing, cos it means potentially I can't do
all my banking anywhere without the card reader.

I also like the co-operative cos of their ethics (at least in comparison
to the others!)
http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/servlet/Satellite?c=Page&cid=1169627027831&pagename=Corp%2FPage%2FtplCorp

oh - yeah and for their short URLs!