[Bradford] UK Banks and Linux

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 22:14:48 UTC 2010

Hi Dick,

  The smart card reader is supplied by the bank and is not connected to the
machine in any way, you insert your card, press verify, enter your pin, and
sometimes a code provided by the site, and the device generates a one-time
reply code that you enter into the site (by typing it, with your own fingers
lol).

  I was so wary when I heard I needed a card reader, but then I realised
that it doesn't have any connectors other than the card insertion point and
breathed a huge sigh of relief when I got mine.

  I use natwest too, and the only issue I've had with them was with them not
supporting Chrome for a bit (damn useragent checker), but they work fine
with the latest builds and if a new chrome comes out they don't support for
a bit, firefox is fine.

--
Martyn