[Bradford] Python workshop

Bernard Czenkusz bernie at skipole.co.uk
Fri Sep 10 09:36:25 UTC 2010

Hello,

I mentioned the idea of a Python workshop to a meet of the 'Yorkshire
and Humber Python User Group' (http://ypy.org.uk/) last night, and they
were very interested, to the point of suggesting a full day with two
'streams' - one aimed more for beginners, another for those who want to
move on a bit quicker.

There's the possibility (unconfirmed at the moment) that we could use
the Old Broadcasting House in Leeds - which has multiple rooms,
projecting screens etc, - (if anyone can't get there from Bradford I can
take a car load).

Unless anyone objects (as this was a Bradlug idea) - I'll also mention
this to the Wylug group - to make it worth two streams and organising a
venue we need solid interest from say ten to fifteen people.  Any less
and we should perhaps be more modest in our aims, any more and we'll
probably find it hard to handle.

So I'd like to take a straw ploll - this is not booking a place, it's
just to get an indication of numbers - could you reply with a "yes put
me down for it" - to the proposal of trying to go for the venue in Leeds
with two streams.

Cheers

   Bernie