[Bradford] Upcoming Events

Alice Kaerast kaerast at computergentle.com
Wed Sep 8 14:54:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

There are a few geeky events coming up over the next month that I
thought I'd share with you.  Not all of them will be of interest to
everybody, but you've now no excuse for complaining you didn't know
about them.

MAKE A LIVING DOING WHAT YOU LOVE
Introduction to Noded teams - essentially just a good model for
working in distributed teams.
Barnsley, September 14th
http://makealivingdoingwhatyoulove.eventbrite.com/

AGILE YORKSHIRE CLUB
Discussing Lean and Agile programming methods, this month will be
lightning talks on BDD, NoSQL and leading Agile teams.
Old Broadcasting House, Leeds, 18:30 September 14th
agileyorkshire.org @agileyorkshire

GEEKUP LEEDS
grass-roots knowledge sharing and networking social for folks involved
or interested in all forms of technology and creative media.
The Lounge, St. Johns House, Merrion St, Leeds LS2 8JE
18:30 Wednesday September 15 2010
http://geekup.org/events/245/

CREATIVE NETWORKS
networking event for creative people. This month with a talk on Street
Art and Social Media
Thursday 30th September 2010 - 6pm
Leeds College of Art

LEEDS RUBY THING
a fun and informal social event for anyone interested in the Ruby
programming language.
Probably taking place on the last Thursday of the month at Foleys in
Leeds.

LEEDS 2600
Friday 1st October 2010 @ 7pm
The Brewery Tap Leeds
http://leeds2600.org.uk/

BARCAMP BARNSLEY
ad-hoc gathering born from the desire for people to share and learn in
an open environment. It is an intense event with discussions, demos,
and interaction from attendees. If you’re a creative, digital freak,
geek or entrepreneur you’ll love it.
October 2nd
http://barcampbarnsley.eventbrite.com/

More general non-geeky events happening in Airedale can be found online
at the webpage I run: http://airevalley.gentlehost.net/.

Finally, if you know anybody interested in learning to build their own
computer we're having a bit of a taster session next Friday morning in
Keighley.  We'll be rebuilding machines from parts and answering any
questions people may have.  Send people my way if you think they might
be interested.

--
Alice Kaerast

Systems Reliability Guru