[Bradford] August Meeting

Alice Kaerast kaerast at computergentle.com
Wed Aug 24 11:05:08 UTC 2011

Hi,

The Linux User Group meetup is next Wednesday (and not today as some
calendars may be showing).  I don't believe we have any offers of
talks yet so I figured I'd get the discussions going.

I've been doing a lot of work with Ruby web frameworks, Javascript
game engines, git and NoSQL recently so I can give some quick demos
(including the open bus stop locator and an html5 game).  I can also
answer any questions on git or nosql, but won't have time to prepare a
proper talk.

I'd be keen to see Darktable being used, or some other raw image
editing tools, after discovering my camera can shoot in raw with some
custom firmware.

Any other requests / offers for talks next week?

ps. Bradford Council sent out a flier about road closures in Keighley
this week. It included a CC-BY-SA licensed map with data attributed to
OpenStreetMap. This made me very happy.

--
Alice