[Bradford] RADIO - IT Stuff sound quality & downloading podcast

Brian A bradlug at techchico.org.uk
Tue Mar 12 16:48:01 UTC 2013

Albeit somewhat tarde, I listened to the latest IT Stuff podcast. The sound
quality was really bad. I feel sure that they must 'normalise' the audio so
that everything is at the same level. It is not much better than an AM
transmission on M.W. I think that we should talk to them about this.

I tried to download a podcast. I don't know if there has been a change
since I last did this but it was not easy. If you launch the RSS feed it is
only available for the current day. Linking via the calendar seems to only
link to a flash player. I had to delve into the page source and work out
the URL to be able to get a download of the mp3. Well, in Firefox, I had no
luck, I had to put the link I devised in Chrome and then, at last I was
able to download the mp3. Maybe it is the setting in my browser but trying
to download something that isn't on the RSS feed for that day seems to be
very difficult.
It isn't everyone who wants to sit at a computer to listen. What a naff
system!