[Bradford] Sata DVD burner ?

Nick Rhodes nick at ngrhodes.co.uk
Wed Mar 20 16:58:55 UTC 2013

I am in the market for a new DVD burner now that my last machine with an
IDE port has finally been retired.

I know a couple of people have had problems with SATA DVD burners being
rather slow (is that issues specific to Linux ?)  - so what is
good/reliable?

Not bothered about being ultra fast, but good quality burning of data is
important as I have become the family photograph archiving monkey. I am
already backing up to my back up HDD, but want off site the photos
(online is not cost effective as it is for my general personal documents).

Cheers, Nick