[Bradford] Sata DVD burner ?

John R. Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Wed Mar 20 17:39:55 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-20 at 16:58 +0000, Nick Rhodes wrote:
> I am in the market for a new DVD burner now that my last machine with an
> IDE port has finally been retired.
>
> I know a couple of people have had problems with SATA DVD burners being
> rather slow (is that issues specific to Linux ?)  - so what is
> good/reliable?
Never had anything but an internal DVD but I did get caught out buying
some DVDs that were on offer only to find that they were 2x DVDs which
makes a huge difference.

Even if you write to a higher rated DVD K3b always starts at a slower
rate and then ramps it up if all goes well - if it doesn't, that tells
you there is something wrong.