[Bradford] FYI: Raspberry Pi delivery

Alan D Barnard alanbarnard at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 14 17:31:07 UTC 2013

I came across a weird thing the other day. If a Pi is connected to a TV
via HDMI, then operating the IR remote control causes the control signal
to be routed from the TV to the Pi via the HDMI connection. This
actually causes the Pi to do things. Apparently this is a feature not a bug:

http://elinux.org/CEC_%28Consumer_Electronics_Control%29_over_HDMI

The nice thing is that it needs no additional hardware.