[Bradford] FYI: Raspberry Pi delivery

Brian A bradlug at techchico.org.uk
Tue May 14 21:28:57 UTC 2013

A friend runs RaspBMC and has a smart TV. He can use the TV remote to
control the Pi. He said it did it without any setting up. I have a new
non-smart Samsung TV. It is, according to the Samsung web site, supposed to
work with "Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)". The Pi adapter is shown under XBMC settings
>Input Devices>Peripherals. However, the remote doesn't work with the Pi.
 I did find one posting about this and the only suggestion was try a
different HDMI lead.This could be the problem as I suspect that some HDMI
leads won't have all 19  connections wired up. I got a couple of nice, gold
plated, HDMIs for about £1.50 each.They work just fine with plain AV but
probably don't go any further than that. I'll see if I can borrow one off
someone and, if it works, get one of the same kind. So, if anyone has one
spare that could borrow to try out then please bring it to the next meeting
:-) Alternatively, even better, if anyone has a lead that is known to work
then please let me have the details so I can get one.
If all fails I thought I would try using the GPIO with an amplified IR
receiver and see how that goes.

Brian