[Bradford] Defcon 3: Debian thermo global nuclear init standoff [systemd vs Upstart]

Robert Burrell Donkin robertburrelldonkin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 20:17:31 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 6:56 PM, David Spencer <
baildon.research at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Oh no Nick, this is the No.1 topic guaranteed to turn me into Angry Dave
> from the parallel universe :-(

(and just when I thought I'd have to dust off my rant hat ;-)

> the same people who thought embedding Javascript in Polkit was a great
idea, and who fucked up udisks, and
> who want dbus in the kernel, and who inflicted on us the
policykit/consolekit stuff that's now *abandoned* in favour of
> systemd.

Ah yes
policykit/consolekit/RebrandedRubbish/ChangeTheNameSoYoullForgetTheBugs -
it's such a great innovation to locate vital configuration files buried in
/usr/src/whatever/hard-to-find/stupid-path/you'll-never-find-me/try-finding-the-policy-which-has-just-disabled-your-keyboard/ho-ho-ho

This crowd do have such a well deserved rep "but it'll be different this
time!"

Robert