[Bradford] Bradford uni - Raspberry Pi

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 5 17:33:03 UTC 2014

Yo LUG Peeps!  Yeah definitely up for that.

If we are going to record the Uni Pi Folk (which we should!),
Wednesday is very tight to do the editing for broadcast this month.
But we could try to snip a little Part 1 taster for this month and
bank the rest for a fuller Part 2 next month.  I shall use my
dictaphone.  (obvious joke redacted)

If you are all agreeable we could do the demise of Windows XP as a
Google Hangout or Skype at a mutually convenient time and then cover
the Cuckoo's Egg book at the same time?  XP's market share went *UP*
again last month for the second month on running!!  Also Office 2003
gets killed at the same time.  Also also they are spamming all the XP
users with a clickybox as part of next Patch Tuesday.  Also also also
Apple is quietly killing Snow Leopard - which is 20% of the OS-X user
base allegedly, and what about the 'goto fail' thing eh!

David B - how was the Madlab in Space event?  Can we quiz you about it
for the show (and/or next LUG) on a hangout/skype some time?

If we are doing a hangout, all LUG people are cordially invited, naturally.

Top of the list of other stuff is GCHQ spying on Yahoo cammers just
like the ceiling cat, I'm looking forward to pushing the bounds of
acceptability on BCB with the 'undesirable nudity' quote :D  And
there's the care.data train wreck to leer at. And Mt Gox...

I was thinking we could make something of this too --
http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-1-10-americans-html-std-study-finds-20140304,0,1188415.story#axzz2v2acBaI8

For avoidance of doubt, if we do do a hangout, 'undesirable nudity' is
right out.
Any nudity *must* be *desirable*.
-D.