[Bradford] Bradford uni - Raspberry Pi

Kriss at XIXs.com Kriss at XIXs.com
Wed Mar 5 17:44:38 UTC 2014

BTW it seems gnuTLS has has a similar bug to the apple one...

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/03/critical-crypto-bug-leaves-linux-hundreds-of-apps-open-to-eavesdropping/

Personally I just think ssl certificates/authorities are broken as a basic
concept, but you know, lets not just bash the apple :)

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 5:32 PM, David Spencer <
baildon.research at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Yo LUG Peeps!  Yeah definitely up for that.
>
> If we are going to record the Uni Pi Folk (which we should!),
> Wednesday is very tight to do the editing for broadcast this month.
> But we could try to snip a little Part 1 taster for this month and
> bank the rest for a fuller Part 2 next month.  I shall use my
> dictaphone.  (obvious joke redacted)
>
> If you are all agreeable we could do the demise of Windows XP as a
> Google Hangout or Skype at a mutually convenient time and then cover
> the Cuckoo's Egg book at the same time?  XP's market share went *UP*
> again last month for the second month on running!!  Also Office 2003
> gets killed at the same time.  Also also they are spamming all the XP
> users with a clickybox as part of next Patch Tuesday.  Also also also
> Apple is quietly killing Snow Leopard - which is 20% of the OS-X user
> base allegedly, and what about the 'goto fail' thing eh!
>
> David B - how was the Madlab in Space event?  Can we quiz you about it
> for the show (and/or next LUG) on a hangout/skype some time?
>
> If we are doing a hangout, all LUG people are cordially invited, naturally.
>
> Top of the list of other stuff is GCHQ spying on Yahoo cammers just
> like the ceiling cat, I'm looking forward to pushing the bounds of
> acceptability on BCB with the 'undesirable nudity' quote :D  And
> there's the care.data train wreck to leer at. And Mt Gox...
>
> I was thinking we could make something of this too --
>
> http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-1-10-americans-html-std-study-finds-20140304,0,1188415.story#axzz2v2acBaI8
>
> For avoidance of doubt, if we do do a hangout, 'undesirable nudity' is
> right out.
> Any nudity *must* be *desirable*.
> -D.

Kriss