[Bradford] Convert wave amplitude into a float

Andrew Coulson coulson.andy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 19:05:16 UTC 2014

Hi John, Are they looking to convert a single sample (say the peak value of the wave amplitude) to a float or have I misunderstood? Andrew Coulson email: coulson.andy at gmail.com | tel: 07834 269850 LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-coulson/50/41/5a0/ Ryburn TextWorks - Proofreading, Copy-editing, Writing. Follow us on Twitter @RyburnTextWorks Ryburn ImageWorks - Landscape and Nature Photography Sent from my IQTELL Virtual Workspace From: John R. Hudson (j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com) Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2014 05:46 PM To: BradfordLinuxUserGroup (bradford at mailman.lug.org.uk) Cc: paul at pinest.co.uk Subject: [Bradford] Convert wave amplitude into a float   Hi I popped in to see Paul Cannon this afternoon and they had just hit a problem - how to convert a wave amplitude as displayed in Audacity into a float which can be fed into another program. There is no obvious way in which to do this from Audacity. So it may involve using different software. Any thoughts very welcome. John -- _______________________________________________ Bradford mailing list Bradford at mailman.lug.org.uk https://mailman.lug.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/bradford