[Bradford] Convert wave amplitude into a float

John R. Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Thu Mar 20 20:50:22 UTC 2014

Thanks for all the suggestions which I will pass on if they haven't
joined the mailing list yet. Because they want to do it continuously,
reading the Alsa PCM device seems the most likely route. But maybe one
of the other options will be more useful for them once they investigate
them.

However, thanks for the suggestion about how to export from Audacity as
that will enable them to use the data they have already collected to
develop the software before they need to apply to an actual stream.