[Bradford] Linux/FOSS Info Stalls

David Bolton david at nucleon.co.uk
Wed Aug 12 19:46:08 UTC 2015

Thanks for the quick responses, and suggestions.

The date of the event is bank holiday Monday - 31st August. So sorry for the short notice.

Unfortunately I missed last week's planning meeting, so don't yet know final start/finish times - but it will be going on for most of the day. There will be daytime speakers - and there will be live music in the evening. There is a bar and a function room - so I guess speakers/music will be in the function room, and various groups will mainly have tables in the bar area.

I was originally going to just set up the Occupy.Here node (its running on a TL-MR3020 router - similar hardware to a Pirate Box, I guess), but the organisers have just offered me a table - so I might as well take the opportunity to push some free software. I've no idea if anyone will make use of the message forum, but I thought attendees might find it an interesting novelty because of its origins in the Occupy Wall Street movement.

Clive: the venue is actually all on ground level, and as one of the regular attendees at the monthly poetry slams uses a wheelchair, I know it is accessible. However I guess it also depends on your usual mode of travel.

Dave B