[Bradford] Leeds Open Rights Group Meetup

Alice . alice at kaerast.info
Thu Jan 12 18:40:21 UTC 2017

Hi

The launch event of Leeds Open Rights Group is taking place on January
25th, which many of you may be interested in attending.

https://www.meetup.com//ORG-Leeds/events/236857584/?showDescription=true

ORG Leeds formed in response to the continued erosion of our rights to
privacy and freedom of expression, through legislation such as the
Investigatory Powers Act and the proposed Digital Economy Bill.

To get things started we will be discussing the current state of digital
rights, the challenges ahead and what we can do as a group to make a
difference. We would love to hear about your ideas, so please come along
with plenty if you can!

To set the scene beforehand we will be showing the excellent short
documentary 'The Haystack' by Scenes of Reason, a real life investigation
into 21st century surveillance in the UK.

We will also be providing a brief overview of some of the free tools that
you can use to protect your privacy in the age of global mass surveillance.
This will be a taster for the privacy workshops that we intend to run in
the near future.

Regards

Alice