[Bradford] Dead icons in Lyx toolbar

John Robert Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Sun Apr 14 16:13:51 UTC 2019

Hi Mike

The most likely reason is that not all the packages have been downloaded. Go
to Tools>Reconfigure and, when that has finished, close LyX and, when you
reopen it, go to Help>LaTeX Configuration which will tell you what packages
have been installed. Most of them will be completely irrelevant if they are
not installed but that may give you the first insight if something which looks
important has not been installed.

In the meantime try Export>DVI - this is what LaTeX used before PDFs became
open source.

John