[Bradford] BCB Covid sort of update

David Carpenter david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Mon Sep 7 08:36:23 UTC 2020

Just to chip in on the status of BCB...
(Starting this as a new thread so we can discuss here if you like)

There is a small working group of staff and management committee working on
options around opening the building. This includes writing a risk
assessment for the building and activities, and some proposals about how
the building could be used. This will involve some consultation with
'building users' at some point.

My personal understanding so far is that we're unlikely to be able to go
back to business as usual - which for Bradlug this was going into an
already busy building and occupying a part of it for a few hours.

I could see that with the numbers, BradLug could meet in the larger open
area, at a time where there were not other people in the building (this
could also apply to other small groups) - I don't think the smaller meeting
rooms are safe for more than a few people for a short period of time. In
the larger area, that might also be for a shorter time than usual, and it
maybe that you would want to know that that area had not been in use for
e.g. 24/48/72 hours previously. There would probably be hand washing, and
cleaning/wiping down to be done by the group (before and after? Table
surfaces, projector, door handles?)

Just to say - the only ventilation in the building is via the doors - there
is no air conditioning. (There are a couple of fans - one in studio 1, one
in the racks room currently) .

If people have ideas/opinions about how BradLUG can operate at BCB I'd be
happy to hear them and feed them into the process internally at BCB

All the best
David Carpenter