[Bradford] Last meet

Bernard Czenkusz bernie.skipole at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 11:10:35 UTC 2021

Hi, during the meeting the difference between using 'source' for a bash
script vs executing a bash script was raised.

An extremely good explanation is at:

https://superuser.com/questions/176783/what-is-the-difference-between-executing-a-bash-script-vs-sourcing-it

There was also discussion about vnc with the pi  For what its worth,
(this may be completely irrelevant):

I use the native raspberry pi os, and run it headless. My Mint laptop
uses Remmina as the client. Initially it didn't work, but I eventually
found somewhere on the net (can't remember where) that I should use:

vncserver -Authentication VncAuth :1

So to connect, I ssh to the pi, type in the above, then I can VNC to it.

Cheers

  - Bernard