[Bradford] Wonky new USB stick

David Carpenter david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 09:24:24 UTC 2022

I had a bit of a nightmare with a large USB stick (flash drive).
I'm fairly sure it wasn't formatting to ext4 properly - despite looking as
though it had.
I then tried to use it as msdos or NTFS - probably both, but data just
didn't seem to always transfer to it.
This was one of those where I had about 100 different theory's but none I
could pin down.
Long file names, was perhaps a problem on the MS formats.
In the end set up a raid server, and just gave up on the stick!
Sorry that's very vague. But it drove me bonkers, so might be worth
spending on e.g a 1TB external drive if permissions are not the solution.

Good luck
David