[Bradford] Wuthering Bytes

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 21 21:06:44 UTC 2024

Sorry to say the lineup looks a bit disappointing to me this time. Simon
Lavington is a great historian. I have some of his books, but of all the
things he could talk about, what is basically just the history of a
software house is a long long way from geek heaven. As for Paul Connell, in
my ex day job we dealt a lot with the ODI and him in particular, and our
opinion of him was, ermm, somewhat below his own. I used to be willing to
sit in a room with people from Oracle and BT only on condition that I was
being paid, which no longer applies, and I never in 49 years needed to sit
in a room with a mainframe guy from IBM, which somewhat undermines his
premise ...