[Chester LUG] Meet

David Holden dh at iucr.org
Wed Aug 9 09:48:47 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 09 August 2006 09:31, Les Pritchard wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> I understand your problem, I have wondered about that.  Should we be
> holding LUG meetings in a place where people like Richard Stallman, Alan
> Cox et al. would be turned away!
>
> I have no problem with either of those suggestions, but maybe we should
> think about finding a pub with a good car park as well to make it easier
> for everyone to get there?
>
> Les

I think the Bull and styrup has a car park (upper northgate street).

As to the date it seems a few can't make the 30th, as a total stab in the dark
how about the 29th?

  Dave.

> On 8/8/06, Tim White <tim at hotwood.force9.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > Unfortunately I have a prior commitment on the 30th, but I hope I can get
> > to a
> > meeting soon.
> > It may be cheeky of me, as I couldn't get to the meeting last week
> > either, but
> > can I say I don't like The Grosvenor as a meeting place? I don't do
> > suits, and I'm not comfortable in a place with blokes in penguin suits
> > (!) and toppers guarding the front door. How about somewhere a little
> > more informal
> > with better (and probably cheaper) beer, like the Mill Hotel, or the Old
> > Harkers?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Tim
> > --
> > "Peace is not simply the absence of conflict, but the existence of
> > justice for all people." Martin Luther King Jr.

Dr. David Holden.

See: <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>
regarding Word or PowerPoint. GPG key available on request.