[Chester LUG] What do you guys do with old hardware

Roger Gibson rcgibson at talktalk.net
Thu Oct 26 14:29:21 UTC 2006

Looks like I'm too busy to come tonight, but as some of you may have
gathered I'm involved with a Chester charity, CHAPTER, and having been
offered very cheap legit Windoze software at charity rates, am resigned
to sticking with MS XP for now as that is what the 'workers'
understand.  However, any hardware capable of running XP Office at a
sensible speed with a centrally networked file system to allow hot
desking, I would collect tomorrow, and system administer myself.  I
understand the problems of big CRTs, but then desk space is often
cheaper than slim screens.  And on the subject desks or filing cabinets
'a bit too scratched for posh offices' are also in demand.  I've got a
van!  Maybe I should come tonight.  Roger.